24 March 2024

Frostbitten

 


If you can’t fall in love with the coldness of the northern barren land,

Don’t ever dream of finding me – I am a frostbite.

I won’t be gentle like the warm summer land.

I am an angry blizzard, nothing can stop me,

I am millions of snowflakes – beautiful yet dangerously frigid.

If you go out in the middle of this storm,

You won’t stop shivering, it’s an iced place,

Your breath is stopping, your heartbeat’s getting slow.

There are sunny days and rainy days but they aren’t mine.

If you are used to the warmness of the spring or summer

This squall of mine is not your safe space.

Let’s not forget the thunderstorms of my soft mouth,

They are as scary as those outside when the sky is dark

And the only light you see is the lightning striking on the same place.

If you can’t fall in love with the coldness of the northern barren land,

Never show your face before me, you are not worthy

Of the complexity of such harsh ground.

Run, my gentle boy, run…

There isn’t any warmth left from the summer sun,

It is a frozen place long forgotten, extremely crude.

I am not a coast for lost weaklings,

Longing for a new beginnings and to find a new hope.

I am not the last stop for the cowards,

Aiming to be the new heroes written in those boring glorious songs.

I am the Monster who slays them and then leave them to freeze alone!