05 October 2024

Monster In Disguise

 


Quiet night, empty streets,

Steps coming from behind…

Pounding heart – to run or to fight.

Breathless creature, let’s dance on the pavement…

…

Under the moonlight I transform into a beast

I crave the weakness in the eyes of my victim,

The sensation of the danger – can you catch me?

Faceless threat enclosing from the shadows,

The feeling of adrenaline is so intoxicating,

They scream in fear, can you blame them?

…

I wasn’t born a monster but they made me -

A walking demon in the woman’s skin

Feeding of the male cries of pain.

They burn me at the stake of shame,

I still feel the flames gently touching my mortal skin.

In another life they drown me in the cold waters of the frigid winter lake,

They said I am curse for their village – the Devil’s seed.

In my third life they called me succubus reborn,

They tied me and stoned me in the middle of the city center  – I was just a child.

…

Nine lives later, nine deaths and yet I am still here

The perfect weapon for destruction –

Every death and accusation turned me into powerful creature

Tasked with the elimination of the men who hurt women.

I am what they desire most and yet cannot get – reflection of their hidden fantasies

And when I have my fun I mirror their greatest fear - 

This is how I end them, my MO of choice.

The curses their ancestors put on me, their filthy accusations

Now became their worst nightmare -  no one can stop me.

The Devil’s daughter, Lilith reincarnate, 

Gorgon Medusa reborn, Nyx in modern days

I have so many names, chose one, it doesn't matter.

I live on the thin line between the human and the magical worlds,

Barely traceable - I am a walking myth.

I hide behind the dark corners looking for my new hunt.

…

The curse of bearing all the pain of women’s hurt is heavy for the human soul

In such time of crisis a Monster like me is born to lift the dimness of the world.

I cannot die, just sleep silently for centuries until the tears of those in pain wake me

And shift all their dark feelings onto me.

Once I feel the ache crawling in my veins I am ready.

It's payback time!

…

Quiet night, empty streets,

Steps coming from behind…

Pounding heart – to run or to fight.

Don’t rush it my sweet guy –

Andariel will take care of you, no need to hide.

I am your sweet desire, 

I am your special Monster in disguise.